Sunday, January 3, 2010

Annual Urban Harvest Fruit Tree Sale

Slyck & VVVers:


Next weekend (Saturday the 9th) will be the annual Urban Harvest Fruit Tree sale.

http://www.urbanharvest.org/classesevents/calendar/tree_sale_2010.html


This is an amazing event, the largest such sale in the world (or so say the promoters, whom I believe). I think they said they're going to have up to 20,000 trees. It is at the Rice University stadium. They fill half the stadium (decks behind the seats). I volunteered last year (general volunteer for hauling, cleanup, invoicing, etc.). If anyone wants to do general volunteering please refer to the URL above. I've volunteered this year too.


Last year the sale was supposed to go from 8AM - 3PM, but the 15,000 trees got sold in 2.5 hours (to bare walls!) Pix from last year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberchuck2000/sets/72157612671915203/





And YES I'm a TREE HUGGER! (proudly). See my picture showing same (!) Charlie











Bless the Beasts, Bless our Children and Bless this Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment